Re: [OM] B&W with Olympus PEN

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W with Olympus PEN
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:10:40 -0500
> Don't forget you're looking at a monitor image, not a print.

Well, that is certainly true. Getting that same image to look
convincing on paper is another whole kettle of fish. For that, I am
still partial to a well done AG print.

But, if it wasn't for my electronic doodads in the darkroom, I would
have long since hung up the tongs forever. But with my RH Designs
analyzer and timer, it has completely transformed print making from a
hodge-podge trial-and-error thing to something that is not only
repeatable, but a massive time and material savings.

I'm sure, though, that if I dedicated the same effort and investment
into the digital darkroom as I have in the chemical darkroom that I'd
be happy with that medium too.

AG