Re: [OM] Pentax GPS Gizmo can be used for astrophotog

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax GPS Gizmo can be used for astrophotog
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 19:24:18 -0400
A most ingenious use of the GPS in combination with the anti-shake
mechanism behind the sensor.  Mostly I'm surprised that the sensor can
be slowly driven in one direction like that.  And was it planned that
way at the start or are they feeding the sensor shift mechanism phony
unidirectional shake data.  :-)

I shouldn't think the 2-3 minute time range is seriously limiting for a
digital camera.  It would be for film but I don't think commercial
digital sensors can run much longer than that without serious noise
problems.  What used to be accomplished with film by using hours long
exposures is now done in digital by stacking multiple exposures of much
shorter duration.

Chuck Norcutt