[OM] IMG: Inner smile in the rain

Subject: [OM] IMG: Inner smile in the rain
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 12:42:13 +0200
I just wanted to share with you guys a recent image I made. This image
has absolutely nothing to do with technical perfection, sharpness,
accuracy. It's all about the mood. My wife and I had a most wonderful
day walking in the rain in an area filled with a couple of nice small
little restaurants, antique and interiour decorating shops, and the
like. It was a dark and gloomy day, but for both of us, there is no
nicer weather. You have to understand, in "sunny South Africa" one
frequently tires of bright sunny days, and it feels like a holiday
when the weather takes a gloomy turn. We just want to go out and do
stuff when the weather is miserable!

As we were walking, I guessed and set exposure by feel (50mm lens set
to f/2.0) and pre-focused, and when the moment was right, I simply
tried to capture the feeling of walking with my life partner down the
sidewalk. Can you see her secretly smiling?

> http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/150/b/c/inner_smile_in_the_rain_by_philosomatographer-d3hkxu3.jpg

(OM-3Ti, 50/1.4 @ 2.0, Kodak TMY2-400, developed in D76 1+1)

Happiness is walking in the rain with your wife, and an Olympus OM
slung over your shoulder :-)

Dawid