[OM] OT: backups was Apple MacBook

Subject: [OM] OT: backups was Apple MacBook
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 20:11:35 +0100
I use CCC as well, Michael, with a weekly clone of my main computer's hard
drive.  I also used it to change hard drives in my MacBook Pro a couple of
weeks ago.

But Time Machine has the advantage: it is automatic, hourly, without much of a
setup, and it has an interface that looks like the Finder.  If you want to
search for a file, they're arranged like the Finder, but at different times in
the past.

I have a triple backup, really: TM, CCC and sync with my MacBook Pro (which has
its own TM backup, albeit only weekly rather than hourly).  I'm quite keen not
to lose my photos and TM has saved my bacon a few times.

Chris