Re: [OM] (OT) Canyon Software

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Canyon Software
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:48:23 -0700
As a former Tin Can Sailor, I can tell you that the appellation is very
true. "Aluminum can" is more accurate, as virtually everything above the
main deck was aluminum rather than steel. Wanna feel *really* small? Keep
pace with the USS Enterprise (or similar modern carrier) in a 50's vintage
can while serving as "plane guard". The destroyer stays alongside, only some
50 yards away (if that). Pas de deux at 30 knots with a steel mountain.

---
Scott Gomez
Formerly of DD-931 "Last of the Great Gunships"