Re: [OM] IMG: "Ge-Rain-ium"

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: "Ge-Rain-ium"
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 22:06:06 -0700
On 5/17/2011 4:28 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> That's very lovely.  Too bad the 5D doesn't like the rain.

All you need for rain is this.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/469774-REG/OP_TECH_USA_9001132_18_Rainsleeve_Set_of.html>

Take a look at the Wapama Falls images I just posted. Flying water all over the
place, from fine mist to heavy spray.
The 60D wore a Rainsleeve and the 5D hid in the bag most of the time. The 60D
stayed dry. This is the first time I've
seriously used one, setting it tightly around the lens hood and using the
eyepiece/cup to hold the hole over the
viewfinder. Worked perfectly until I lost it on the trip back. Oh well, cheap
and I've still got the second one.

This shows what can happen if one isn't too careful - drops on the lens.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Yosemite/Yosemite_2011/Hetch_Hetchy/Wapama_Falls&image=_MG_3049ia70.jpg>
Fortunately, I carry microfiber cloths.

The 60D got a bit wettish at Yosemite Falls a couple of days later. I didn't
have the lost Rainsleeve, but did remember
the cheap poncho that time, so the camera only whipped out in the 'rain' for
shots. No trouble as a result.

I Was A Wet Moose