Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 17/5/2011: free beer

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 17/5/2011: free beer
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 02:39:43 -0700
On 5/17/2011 11:20 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> ...if only:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#1296508003_F3ZKVLr-O-LB
>
> Ironically, seen on my way to a bar called Swig..

In the Fairmont? The Swig family were long time owners.

I had a superb fillet mignon in the gold ballroom there. It was a fund raiser
for the National Conference of Christians
and Jews (I was just a corporate hanger on spouse. Way above my social and
financial grade.)

Ben Swig's son, whose name I don't recall at the moment, was impressing the
folks with better than fund raiser food. I
think the heavy silverplate fork would almost cut through the meat from its own
weight.

Odd meeting. For whatever reason, Carter's HUD Secretary, Patricia Harris, a
very liberal, black, woman, was the
speaker. She and her speech had the audience of corporate CEOs and such
squirming uncomfortably in their seats.

Moose