Re: [OM] Great Idea - but not today

Subject: Re: [OM] Great Idea - but not today
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 16:24:00 -0400
Thanks, Jim. The nice thing about digital, and here I'm talking about digital
capture _and_ scanned film, is that it makes it possible for so many people to
share what they see and feel is important enough to trip a shutter on. Back in
the day, which wasn't so long ago, you had to make prints to show people what
you saw. Only so many people ever would see your prints. Now, you get a web
account. _And_--and this is a huge AND--you can learn enough about
post-processing to you don't have to rely on the vagaries of the drug store or
even the camera shop developer.

No way I can account for how much I've learned on this forum, listening to
others and following their links to see their work. Nor can I say how pleased I
am at my own progress, and the progress I've seen in others at refining their
visions, directly as a result of exchanges (sometimes a bit heated, true <g>)
here.

--Bob