Re: [OM] Great Idea - but not today

Subject: Re: [OM] Great Idea - but not today
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 11:47:41 -0500
> The more I look at the new offerings,
> the more I find I really like the gear I've got.
> It's old and decrepit, but usually works... kinda like myself.

No kidding! The more I use the OM system, the more I realize just how
near-perfect it can be when you adjust your ways to its ways.
Honestly, it is hard to beat. Unfortunately, there is that lack of
built-in digital thing. DCC (delayed digital capture) isn't always
feasible.

Last week I shot that big annual shindig where I tend to push the gear
past the limits. I'm getting a bit tired of image-noise. Client is
still happy as the images are still "good enough" for all of their
uses, but I will admit that it's not always the easiest thing to get
the image quality to where it needs to be.

So, the answer is obviously to upgrade the equipment. But then I ask
myself how much revenue I get from this event and the economics still
don't work. Until they pay more, I'll continue to use the same old
stuff until I eventually go a different direction.

AG