[OM] New camera on the way [was Sad tales and other story lines]

Subject: [OM] New camera on the way [was Sad tales and other story lines]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:34:15 -0400 (EDT)
A. New Cam Moose writes:

>You can guess by now; a 60D is due Friday. For only $200 more than the
600D,
>not too much bigger, useful added features,
>better grip; it seems the best match to my needs.

Seems a very well thought out position to me.  Please report how you
find it, as well as the new tripod carrying technique.
I haven't come close to solving that but having a porter works fine.

Just some possible tidbits about the 5DMkIII:

---From Australia we (Keith Cooper) hear of comments (thanks) from a
Canon source suggesting that the 5D3 will be at least 6 months after
the 1Ds4.

---http://www.cameragearguide.com/3016/rumor-26-4-megapixel-canon-eos-5d-
mark-iii-by-mid-year/

I am not sure I like the VF in the 5DII--I think the 98% field just
doesn't seem that way and I think mine is a teeny  weeney weeney bit
skewed.  Marnie pointed this out after carefully framing some
architectural shots.  I put it on a pod and tested it and she was
right.   I thought I was  the one with the  OCD  .A quick flip to LV
fixes that.  I doubt many would notice  and perhaps I should have sent
it in.  I will likely pay the upgrade tax (wonder how bad it will be?)
and go for a 100% VF if it materializes.  I am spoiled with the  very
non-partisan nature of  the Canyon mount but would  not mind  a µ4/3 to
replace my small kit.  Just not smitten yet.   I would have purchased
an FF OM 5D but perhaps  Oly µ4/3 offering this year will fit the bill.
 At least one OM kit always goes on our trips.

Rumormonger Mike