[OM] Some lens testing - Emf chip on OM=>EOS adapter

Subject: [OM] Some lens testing - Emf chip on OM=>EOS adapter
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:35:27 -0400 (EDT)
Moose reports:
>I recently bought an Emf chipped OM=>EOS adapter. It's kind of a pain
>program, using up lots of shutter cycles.

Thanks for the report on the emf chip and the lenses. I was waiting on
the former and the latter was interesting.
Seems the chip is a one trick pony, but it is a very good trick. As I
understand it, it reports the widest aperture of the lens (that one
sets)
to the cam, then reports the 'real aperture" set on the cam for the
proper exif, yet still has the AF confirm work
as long as the widest aperture setting is adequate for it to be turned
on. I think at very wide apertures
there may be a more precise AF mode, IIRC so I usually report F1.4 to
the cam on my optix V chips.
The chips I have though only report the aperture to exif that is
programmed into the chip so one has to change it after focusing
and that is a pain (doesn't happen very often in actuality). It
activates programming with the dof preview which is way better than the
shutter.
If there were a chip that combined the best aspects of both, I would
change every adapter to them.

Erroneous exif, Mike