Re: [OM] Can Cybersync battery receivers/transmitters trigger a large fl

Subject: Re: [OM] Can Cybersync battery receivers/transmitters trigger a large flash bulb?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:04:31 -0500
In my 20 buck box of bits, bods and bulbs, there is some old flash
bulbs and stuff. I'll have to take a look at it to see if there is a
PC-sync connector in there or if it's all the double-stud dohickies.

If there is, I may see about experimenting a bit here. I have no fear
of popping some peanuts as they serve little purpose otherwise. I
really love those old folding reflectors--the light was actually
pretty good. There was a lot of brilliant, practical engineering back
in the day.

This does make me wonder about the FP (TTL Auto Flash) setting on the
OM-3Ti. I'm wondering if it triggers early?

Reminds me. My OM-4 had developed a problem where the flash would fire
too early. Of course, it happened at a wedding halfway through the
formals. Fortunately, I had developed the habit a few years earlier of
always shooting the most critical stuff on two cameras. A couple rolls
of film of very important shots were toast. Of course, had I shot in
auto mode, the camera would have dragged the shutter IF IT WAS THE
ORIGINAL OM-2.

:(

AG