Re: [OM] (OM) OT HDR

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT HDR
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:54:01 -0400
 Brian,
     I haven't tried any in-camera HDR since my E-500 obviously doesn't have
it, but I have used a trial version of Photomatix HDR. The E-500 has a menu
setting that will take three images (1 normal, one stop under & 1 stop
over). I have also manually shot 7-8 images with a variety of over/under
exposure depending on what I thought the image would need. Over all the
software worked well but I find it is something to very easily over do. The
images look very dramatic but scream artificial. To my taste it is best used
to draw out details in an area that is under/over exposed but still retain a
natural image.

Charlie