[OM] My weekend with the X100

Subject: [OM] My weekend with the X100
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:51:24 -0500
Or more accurately...

The cameras most like the X100, only better.

Panasonic DMC-L1
Olympus OM-3Ti
OK, I did throw the OM-2S and OM-4T into the mix too.

What do all of them have in common? An aperture ring and shutter-speed
dial/control. Oh, and the ability to be fully manual controlled. Oops, I
forget, I did use the Minolta A1 for some event shooting this morning, but
that was because of the extreme quietness it offers.

My point? Does there have to be a point? Can't one just appreciate fine
craftsmanship and awesome engineering? The OM-3Ti, OM-2S, 35-80 and 50/1.4
ruled the weekend. I shot two rolls of B&W, one color and probably another
100 shots with the DMC-L1 with Leica 14-50 lens. A good weekend by all
accounts.

One thing happened which was pretty cool. Yesterday, I shot a little
sequence of pictures that will end up as a fine-art project with the L1. The
image results were great, but the composition didn't come together right.
This evening I went back and reshot it with the L1 and the OM-3Ti. The final
project will most certainly be from film, but I had to use the digital
camera to prove the concept first and work the bugs out.

Yesterday, the sun was shining and there were plenty of clouds. A Red #25
and Polarizer filter on the OM-3Ti loaded with B&W was what the photographer
ordered. A three mile hike into the prairie yielded plenty of opportunities
to explore.

Sorry, no point, just sharing.

AG