Re: [OM] fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] fungus
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:02:29 +1300
Marc wrote

> It's still an idea for me to consider, and my state (Queensland) might be
> less bereft of guns than any other downhere. :) I'll use that info when I
> go googling, as I've never in the past added that wrinkle to the search.
>
> Cheers, and thanks,
> Marc

Have you considered using a cast-off 'fridge with good door-seals. Should
cost you next to nothing or even nothing, and if the seals are good, the
dehydrating gel should work fine.
If the 'fridge still works, that could be a bonus, since you could run it
"warm"
say 6 or 8 deg C, and that would significantly slow down the growth rate of
any fungus already there. The only downside to that I can think of would be
the condensation on gear just taken out of a functioning 'fridge.
Even that could be avoided if all gear taken out were to be put into a sealed
plastic bag and allowed to reach ambient temperature before being taken
out of the bag(s).

Brian Swale.