Re: [OM] Some _More_ Signs of Spring

Subject: Re: [OM] Some _More_ Signs of Spring
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:16:40 -0700
Thanks for the comments Jeff. These are two very similar wild flowers.
Near as I can tell the first is /Olsynium douglasii/, the second is a
Satin Flower. The visual difference being pointy petals vs rounded tips.
The 'artifacts" are actually a result of sharpening with Faststone using
a larger radius. I've been playing around with the latest version trying
to approximate LCE. I really like the new features but the sharpening
could use some improvements yet. Both photos taken with e620 + 12-60
(see exif) The 12-60 is my walk around lens but not the best for close
ups. Busy bokeh being the chief problem which it shares with the 50-200.
When a few more wild flowers are out and the weather gets better I'll
take the 135/4.5 macro out.

Mike