Re: [OM] PMK Developer

Subject: Re: [OM] PMK Developer
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:52:27 +0200
Cc: "Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Chris,

I am of the opinion that different developers make only the subtlest
of difference in the final image. I have seen results from Pyro that I
liked,
and others that I have not, leading me to believe (as usual) that it's
the
photographer's capture of the image that - as ever - has by far the
biggest
effect.

Still, if you see subtleties in your Pyro negatives that you did not
with other chemicals, I wish you the best of luck and enjoyment in
using it!

I personally find it hard to appreciate the subtleties in the tiny
images you
posted, if you could perhaps re-post them at two to three times the
resolution,
that could give a better indication, perhaps?

As it stands, for 35mm film, I find it hard to imagine a combination
with
smoother tonality than Pan F and diluted D76, which is what I am
currently
using - staining developer or not :-)

all the best!
Dawid

On 22 Mar 2011, at 6:59 AM, Chris Crawford wrote:

> I just bought and tried Gordon Hutchings' PMK Pyro developer.

<snip>