[OM] If one could dream...now Big Foot

Subject: [OM] If one could dream...now Big Foot
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:11:02 -0500 (EST)
Yep, Moose is correct. In our house, that just its name and we don't
think twice about it.
I really really enjoy having that lens--worth every cent to me. Only
had to pay the usual Camerquest price for it NIB. What it does well, it
does very very well.

I did find my original post. It was just blind luck and the generosity
of Mr. Kato
at Cosina. It was odd the Malaysian dealer I contacted even remembered
the name of the store in Tokyo where he had seen one in OM mount a few
months back, and it was still there when Mr. K went to snare him. They
have become almost cult items now and such an event is very unlikely.
I saw one in Nykon mount go for crazy money, about 2.3K, on yabe.
Perhaps if they re-release it in SLII series they will be much easier
to find.
That did happen with the CV90/3.5.

Moose liked Big Foot  (nice images using him too, Moose) and his longer
brother, but I doubt enough to lay any snares anytime soon.

http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2007-09/msg00969.html

Jeff K is ingenious in finding hard to find stuff. He was spot on on
contacting a yabe photog/dealer that occasionally had CV lenses on yabe
to help locate a Big Foot longer brother.
I contacted the exact one Jeff had in mind and a couple months later he
found one in OM mount and gave me a ping as to condition price etc.
  He spotted a nice viv S1 90-180  macro in OM mount too.  Thanks again,
Jeff.

I had contacted a few stores in Tokyo and even translated some
inquiries into Japanese, if they didn't respond in English. Sometimes
the message was they hadn't a clue what I was talking about. :-) It is
difficult to monitor auctions in Jpn and seem to require a third party
and give them a cut.  Now if I can only find another  CV 90 in OM
mount........

Baiting snares, Mike