Re: [OM] Wow, is the 35/2.8 really this good?

Subject: Re: [OM] Wow, is the 35/2.8 really this good?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:53:48 +0800
I usually like to let people check the original test images themself but as
you asked I would summarize the result according to the most concerned
items:

Fall-off, as Ken mentioned, 35/2 has very bad vignetting wide open. But at
F2.8 35/2 is actually doing better than 35/2.8, this also happen at F5.6.

Resolution:

At F2.8, center - 35/2.8 is softer; edges - 35/2.8 is slightly better. Both
are very usable after proper sharpened.

At F5.6, center - 35/2 is slightly better than 35/2.8; edges - both are very
close. Their performance are excellent at this aperture.

Between the two, I prefer the 35/2 anytime and the cost is not so expensive
like the 21/2 or 24/2.

C.H.Ling