Re: [OM] I suppose it was only a matter of time...

Subject: Re: [OM] I suppose it was only a matter of time...
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:41:28 +0200
That is just sad man, and just a little depraved. What kind of idiot
sands down his $7000
Leica M9 to make "other people" think wow, this guy is a seasoned
user. Some people have
too much money, and don't use their cameras as tools.

<sarcasm>

I have a problem, though. My OM-3Ti absolutely lives by my side, but
the darn thing isn't
scratching and scuffing enough. Shall I sand its edges down, and sell
it at a premium? Of
course, the titanium isn't going to show through the coating as cool
as the Leica's Brass
will, maybe I should sand it, and paint the scratches a brass colour?

I think Maitani and his team really slipped up on this model. Since
the 3Ti was a special,
almost commemorative model, they should have given it a "special"
coating like the
Leica MP, that scuffs off after mere months of use, for that cool look.

</sarcasm>

D.