[OM] Content aware in PS CS5

Subject: [OM] Content aware in PS CS5
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 11:43:16 -0800
I recently posted a comment that I would like to have the ability to
exclude an area of an image that I do not want to have an effect on the
content aware.  I returned to the Russell Brown video tutorial and it is
much simpler than I previously thought.

Make a selection of the area that you want to exclude.  Then, while
holding down the alt or  option key, click on the layer mask icon at the
bottom of the layers panel.  Then, since the layer mask is now targeted,
target the image.  This step is real easy to forget. LOL  Now make the
selection to use content aware on and do the fill.  To bring back the
hidden part, hold down the shift key and click on the layer mask.

Paul in Portland OR