Re: [OM] Budget Debates

Subject: Re: [OM] Budget Debates
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:25:06 -0800
> From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> And that doesn't even include
> the accounting trick of "borrowing"  Social Security excess funds each year
> to make the budget shortfall look less bad.

Now that Social Security is running a deficit, I predict that, after some
chest-thumping and speechifying about "protecting the retirement funds of
Americans," it will be taken off-budget again. :-)

A Cree Native American storyteller and teacher told me: "According to my
tradition, from the beginning of creation, every morning, when the sun comes
up, we are each given four tasks by our Creator for that day. First, I must
learn at least one meaningful thing today. Second, I must teach at least one
meaningful thing to another person. Third, I must do something for some other
person, and it will be best if that person does not even realize that I have
done something for them, And fourth, I must treat all living things with
respect. This spreads these things throughout the world." -- Thom Hartmann