[OM] [OT] How white are you?

Subject: [OM] [OT] How white are you?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 01:14:57 +1300
Boris said:

> Well said Brian, but am little dissapointed that you choose not to chime
> in on the merits of the Irish complexion...:)

Maybe because I prefer to deal with one item at a time; and also many
people from Scotland/Ireland etc/England & maybe Wales are descended in
part from the least recognised and maybe most ubiquitous racial group of
all; the Celts. Northern UK etc people with red hair and pale complexion
usually have a high percentage of Celtic blood running in their veins.

My good lady Maggie claims that she is descended from Boadicea :-)
Her spirit might lend weight to that argument.
Even if the red of her hair mostly comes these days from a bottle :-(

And for those descended from anywhere in the UK, , especially in the north,
there could be an admixture of Roman blood there too.

So; Anglo-Saxon is a bit too simplistic for the "Brits" at least.

I really don't want to get into a discussion about something I have no useful
knowledge of - the characterisation of Caucasian / whatever / Aryan.
( I had to think for about 10 minutes to come up with the last name ... )
I knew what I wanted but it was hidden deep in the recesses ..

Brian Swale.