Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 6: form, light and shadow (and much else)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 6: form, light and shadow (and much else)
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:41:58 +0100
Hi Nathan and all,

From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
><http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=488>

Main: Lovely! The violet has a warmer tone than my runner-up for PAW 5 ;-)

Alt-1: Well... here we are the well-known flaw of the M8 -- or its otherwise
gorgeous Kodak sensor: if a very bright light is near (or just outside!) the
border of the frame, it makes that awful green streak... Leica is aware of
it, their FAQ says, but they can't expect a firmware fix :-( I have suffered
it a couple of times, too.

Alt-4: The great thing here is the light coming off the gadget, not directly
visible safe for the small stripe blended with the blurred sleeve. Looks
like a mirage!

Alt-5: I love that separation -- both in sharpness (thru the classically
restricted DOF) and colour -- vibrant at the subject(s), subdued on the
background. The fuchsia stripes are amazing indeed. Is that another image
from that beautiful Kodak KAF-10500? ;-)

Alt-7: This is the one I like the most from the series -- the shapes, the
perspective *and* the shadows projected on the distant parts of the bridge.
And don't forget that church rising at the right... Great!

Alt-8-9-10, while very nice, look like a "classic" execution of the theme,
thus less "spectacular" to me.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)