Re: [OM] Photos & security (Re: Nathan's PAD 5/2/2011: fishmonger)

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos & security (Re: Nathan's PAD 5/2/2011: fishmonger)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:07:26 -0800
> From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I have been stopped by local police in Boston, while taking picture...
> suspicion of people who called the police...  The pilot, intrigued by my twin
> cameras, must have called security.... when I told them that I was taking
> pictures of the planes, they asked me "Why?"... There
> are no signs inside the airport that photography is not allowed.

FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! TERROR! TERROR! TERROR!

But don't you worry, just report to the police everything your neighbours do,
and don't complain too much about where your taxes go, and don't ask too many
questions, and the government will keep you safe -- at least from the bogeyman,
if not from the government itself...

The primary impediment to community is the stranglehold that hierarchical
corporate-driven models of employemnt have on individuals. They so completely
drain the life-energy of people in endeavors that are only marginally related
to survival or fun that when people return home at the end of the day they're
exhausted, suitable only for a few hours of TV and dropping into bed. -- Thom
Hartmann