Re: [OM] OT: Cyclone Yasi

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Cyclone Yasi
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:31:08 +1000
I shouldn't think so. Where the TC actually is, they were looking at
9m waves and a 7m storm surge (I don't know if they got it). That's
pretty hefty inside the Reef. Inundation plots were fairly significant
in size.

But we're 1300km/800mi away. I'm surprised that there are is *any*
influence on our local surf conditions, but 2m/6' on Noosa Main beach
is good...better than the sub-3' we normally get in our Bay (though I
have been out in a 2.7m/9' down there once - too big for me to
bodysurf, but nice to be in amongst).

Cheers,
Marc