Re: [OM] Taking pictures while running - no make that driving

Subject: Re: [OM] Taking pictures while running - no make that driving
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:59:34 +0100
Hi George and all,

From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
>Here is the stereo pair (hyperstereo of clouds), taking while driving,
which
>earned me first place in the Fuji competition, with $500 prize money:
[links obviously swapped ;-)]
><http://www.ohio3d.com/53-CloudsOverSundusky.jpg>

Great! Congratulations!

>Here are my impressions from the National Stereoscopic Convention last
July,
>illustrated with stereo pairs (for parallel viewing):
><http://www.ohio3d.com/DrTs-NSA2010-Diary.htm>
>The invited speaker in the convention was Brian May, of the Rock group
>Queens fame, and stereo photography fan.

Very interesting!

From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
>> are you providing viewing apparatus?
>
>Yes, my two eyes :)  Just direct your left eye to the left picture and the
>right eye to the right picture and you will be all set :) :)

Uh oh, that's too difficult to me... however, I converted some of the pairs
to B&W anaglyphs (tinkering a bit with GIMP) for comfortable viewing with my
old glasses. As expected from a 3D expert like you, they look just great --
some anaglyphs on the web are much more difficult to see...

I did a while ago a (pair) Ektachrome 64 roll in stereo -- 2x FED-5V +
Jupiter-12 (35/2.8). As soon as I solve some issues with scanning, I'll make
anaglyphs from them...

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)