[OM] OM System Lens Handbook

Subject: [OM] OM System Lens Handbook
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:47:33 -0600
I just picked up a used copy of the OM System Lens Handbook.  What an
inspiring work!  Even though it's meant to be a showcase of the various OM
lenses, what it really shows is that the vision and skill of the
photographer, as well as the content and composition of the photograph will
always trump technical considerations (lens, aperture, focal length, shutter
speed, film type, etc. etc.).  Some of my favorite photos were made by
lenses with supposedly "bad" bokeh (the 500/8 mirror and 50/1.4 come to
mind) and "poor" technique.

It has also convinced me that I need to scale down my lens collection--not
that it's overly big to begin with, but truth be told, I have yet to become
proficient in even one focal length, let alone 5 or 6.