Re: [OM] Subject: Re: IMG: Movin' on up

Subject: Re: [OM] Subject: Re: IMG: Movin' on up
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:23:53 -0600
Very true Ken.  In that regard, the 100/2.8 behaves much like the 50/1.4.
And I did not mean to trash the 100/2.8, I found it to be a very sharp lens,
and very portable.  Not only is it much smaller than the 100/2, it is also
1/5 of the cost.
I just have difficulty, for whatever reason, with the 100mm focal length (24
degree angle of view).  I've hardly used the 100/2 since I got it.  I used
the 85/2 a lot more when I had it, and even the 135/3.5 got more love.

Speaking of which, I couldn't pass up a screaming deal on the 135/3.5 on
KEH--$39 w/ caps.  Now that's cheap.  Anyone interested in a very well worn
100/2?