[OM] Bokeh question

Subject: [OM] Bokeh question
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:56:19 -0500
I like the term micro-bokeh especially should such a beast exist.
There should be little question though that the term "microcontrast"
is well accepted and defined by the lens gurus at Zeiss and others.
This term should not be thought of as pulled out of thin air.
See page 16 and 17 below.

http://tinyurl.com/7yffk6

 Just to clarify:
High/low microcontrast is distinct from resolution. I have seen a
skilled post processor on FM render a Canyon image indistinguishable
 from the Zeiss counterpart, on the web image at least  In that one
circumstance at least the Zeiss image was easily perceived as sharper
thought the resolution was a tad less in that instance.

Interesting how high or low micrcontrast can be beneficial depending on
the setting---contrast a Heliar vs many Zeiss designs.

Mike