Re: [OM] IMG: 280 megapixels

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: 280 megapixels
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:37:18 -0500
Why on Earth does he need a 5x7 enlarger to print from 6x9 film? My old
Beseler 23cII medium format enlarger handles 6x9 just fine. Scanning is no
insult to film if you do it right. Problem is, most people don't know how,
so they slam scanning as 'bad' just because they can't do it right.

Yesterday on Rangefinderforum, someone who owns two of my prints said in a
thread there that my prints were incredible and that you had to hold one in
your hand to believe it. He went on to say that I was a master at wet
printing. They weren't wet prints, they were inkjets from an Epson R2400
(and he should have remembered that since my website says so and I told him
that when he bought them, but still...quite a compliment).

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook