[OM] Taking pictures while running

Subject: [OM] Taking pictures while running
From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:41:02 -0500
I just came back from a 50K trail race.  That's 32 miles in snow-covered
trails with 20F (-7F) top temperatures.  It took me 6 hours and 20 minutes
to finish. I am tired but happy :)

Since the Fuji 3d camera came along, I have been able to combine my two
interests, running and 3d photography.  I did take some 3d pictures with
film cameras before, but training runs only, not races.  The main problem is
changing the film.  My favorite stereo camera only takes 15 pictures in a 36
exposure roll.  Also, it is an expensive camera so one has to be careful, so
no fast running.

But now with the Fuji, I am taking it in many runs and most races. I ran the
last two Athens (Greece) marathons with this camera in my hands, taking
pictures along the way.  Also, I take it in trail running, like today.  I
actually love taking pictures in trails.

The Fuji 3d is a small compact camera that fits in my pocket. In races, I
hold it in my hand with a camera hand grip.  One problem is that I
occasionally trip and fall in trails.  My first Fuji (W1) was dropped
several times, in mud, etc., plus sweat crept inside and the buttons did not
work. I now have the Fuji W3, which I have not dropped yet.

Do other people attempt to run or do other similar activities while taking
pictures?  I see at least one person here takes pictures while biking.

George