Re: [OM] Used E1, E-P2

Subject: Re: [OM] Used E1, E-P2
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 09:02:55 +1100
No, I'm with you. Using the Panny GF-1 recently I experienced it again and soon
retreated to the E-P2 with the Panasonic lenses (8mm, 14mm and my own 20mm).
I always seem to have trouble getting the Panasonics to behave. I don't like
the general colour rendition compared to the Olympus and I always have trouble
with dynamic range - anything strongly backlit seems to be a mess. Given the
popularity of the Pannys, I was beginning to think it was just me. The iAuto
works well though, for grab shots.
8mm lens - I'm tempted, especially as the B&H price is very good. 16mm point of
view but with 8mm style mapping. Most interesting rendition and mapping I've
seen from a full-frame fish. The 14mm is good, even on Oly. Not quite as
stellar as the 20mm but there's very little light fall off in the corners and
it is very flat. Also that little dome hood from Japan Exposures does not
vignette, even with a full thickness filter!

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx