Re: [OM] This one's for Bill B.

Subject: Re: [OM] This one's for Bill B.
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:11:33 -0600
>Nice image.  One of the benefits of f1.2 is DOF and this image  illustrates
its effective use.  Glad someone knows how to use it,  ended up with this
lens.   Bill  Barber

>I also appreciate one other aspect of this lens: What is in-focus
tends to have a bit greater contrast--not unlike a bit of LCE
selectively applied to the image.
AG

Thanks guys.  This was shot at f2 I think, wide open is pretty soft (but can
still give great results).

Ken, I noticed that too.  I don't know if it's a function of the smooth
bokeh or what, but this lens can really isolate a subject effectively.  I
think my late SN copy of the 50/1.4 is sharper wide open, which in some ways
makes it more effective for really low light work, but for general use, the
50/1.2 is unbeatable.  Contrast, bokeh, color rendition, even the size is
remarkable for such a fast lens.  It is very difficult to focus on a matte
screen though.  A 13 screen is basically a necessity for this lens.