Re: [OM] CS5 + Mac Snow Leopard = Nada

Subject: Re: [OM] CS5 + Mac Snow Leopard = Nada
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:05:46 -0800
I'd guess from Bob's description that his employer's online system is badly
broken, and it tried to download the Java Virtual Machine, which is of course
necessarily platform-dependent.

Apple has included a good, supported, and regularly-updated Java VM in Mac OS X
for years. There's absolutely no reason some online app should try to replace
it, if Bob has been letting Software Update do its job.

It's not impossible to write a Java app that is platform-specific, but as you
note, you have to work at it! Especially for a fairly specific "screen
scraping" application like time entry.