Re: [OM] OT CMS site management

Subject: Re: [OM] OT CMS site management
From: manuel viet <manuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 13:04:53 +0100
Hi,

I'm a bit late, but the main reason I pointed to silverstripe is because it's
the only free CMS that's Windows certified by Microsoft so far. For whatever
it's worth.

So any hosting company, be they linux-based shops or windows-based should be
able to provide compatible apache-mysql-php stacks for silverstripe to run
without hassle for the webmasters to care about.

Of course, this doesn't imply that authoring a site becomes easy all of a
sudden. But it takes a huge set of compatibility problems out of the equation.

As of 'learning PHP5', while a good take on the language certainly can't be
detrimental, I've found that by adapting provided examples and using some
forum tips verbatim, I have been able to worm my way quickly enough. I won't
pretend I know PHP5 myself, but walking through the tutorial really got me
started in a pinch.

Cheers,

--
Manuel Viet