Re: [OM] Food (was Nathan's PAD 30/12/2010: the Puerto Rico that few tou

Subject: Re: [OM] Food (was Nathan's PAD 30/12/2010: the Puerto Rico that few tourists see)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 22:01:53 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> You forgot to quote the part that I've been eating it my entire life
> and, AFAIK, it's never made me sick.

I guess the minimum-wage-serf cooked it real well (or he was real healthy)
after he spit on YOUR hamburger, Chuck! :-)

----------------
The small organic farm greatly discomforts the corporate/industrial mind
because the small organic farm is one of the most relentlessly subversive
forces on the planet. Over centuries both the communist and the capitalist
systems have tried to destroy small farms because small farmers are a threat to
the consolidation of absolute power. Thomas Jefferson said he didn’t think we
could have democracy unless at least 20% of the population was self-supporting
on small farms so they were independent enough to be able to tell an oppressive
government to stuff it. It is very difficult to control people who can create
products without purchasing inputs from the system, who can market their
products directly thus avoiding the involvement of mercenary middlemen, who can
butcher animals and preserve foods without reliance on industrial
conglomerates, and who can’t be bullied because they can feed their own faces.
-- Eliot Coleman