Re: [OM] Karma sucks

Subject: Re: [OM] Karma sucks
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:02:41 -0500
Housing in NYC is FOUR TIMES what it is in Fort Wayne or Indianapolis and
teachers in NYC do in fact earn twice what they do here. Starting pay for
teachers in Ft. Wayne is $30,000 a year. In NYC it is $51,000 according to
the NYC school system's website. That's damn near twice the salary, isn't
it?

As for my words, I think the use of Nigger and White Trash in this context
were absolutely appropriate because they do in fact reflect the mindset of
those who complain about money spent to educate the children of the poor.
I've lived most of my life in a rightwing town surrounded by people with
that mindset. Contrary to popular belief, racism is not a phenomenon of the
uneducated and trashy, it is widespread here among the wealthy and powerful,
the sort of people whom I met in my daily life.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook