Re: [OM] New Year's image with best wishes for the new year

Subject: Re: [OM] New Year's image with best wishes for the new year
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 13:15:52 -0800
On 1/3/2011 12:24 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> So much of that depends on where the CG is, as well as the percentage of
> weight that is beyond the axles. Some vehicles allow the driver to hang the
> rear-end out at whatever angle he/she chooses and keep it there indefinitely.
>
> The RX7 I owned, was not one of them.

Ah yes. I had a '71 911 for some time, back when. Very counter-intuitive to
drive at the limit. If it starts to slip,
NEVER use he brakes. Gentle application of throttle brings the tail back into
line. Brake before or after the bend, but
not in it.

Fortunately, I'd spent a fair amount of my mad youthful driving time in a 56
VW, which did the same thing, only worse,
but at lower speeds. I actually recovered from sideways on the freeway once.
I'm not sure the girl in the car with me
ever did. ;-)

Moose