Re: [OM] Portrait of my grandma with OM gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait of my grandma with OM gear
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 21:37:25 -0800
On 12/31/2010 1:04 AM, Chris Crawford wrote:
> Moose, I think its a matter of how the screen is calibrated. Your version
> looks flat on my screen but probably looks fine on yours. In photoshop the
> white siding on the house averages a grey level of 11-13% depending on where
> you put the cursor, which is not that bright for a textureless white (the
> siding is flat textureless aluminum). It prints a light grey.

That sounds about right. Your screen must be dimmer than most who post here. I
still prefer reducing the grain in at
least her face a bit. Ya get old and you need a bit of pancake make-up for
portraits. :-)

> You ought to drop by if you make it to the midwest sometime, would be cool to
> meet you!

We have yet to venture all that far in our little RV, but who knows what the
future may bring.Heck, you may even get an
opportunity to see the Pacific Ocean. ;-)

Moose