Re: [OM] Portrait of my grandma with OM gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait of my grandma with OM gear
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 23:44:16 -0800
On 12/30/2010 5:07 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:
> I have never been able to get a good portrait of my grandmother, since she
> hates being photographed. She's my mother's mother and my only living
> grandparent. I found this negative that I shot in August of 2008 and scanned
> it. I like this one! Should have scanned it when I shot it.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/grandma2008

Great composition and you caught a nice expression.

I know you like high contrast, high key and grain. Someday, I've got to go
through Indiana and look at your prints, to
see if they hurt my eyes less than some of the web images. ;-)

I think something of more conventional portrait tonality, etc. is kinder to
her.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Crawford&image=grandma_8-31-08a.jpg>

After all, she's the last one - be nice. :-)

> Shot with OM-4T and 85mm f2 Zuiko

The classic portrait lens worked very well here.

Moose