[OM] Pretty Good Year

Subject: [OM] Pretty Good Year
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:24:59 -0800 (PST)

        p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Not really

How could I characterize 2010?  Pretty
sucky...

First was the Great Flood that made my
house swim like a boat

I am recovering from sickness that
started in February

Oh last and not least, my career is on
hold...

Weve gone through the Great Flood
thingy as I shared my experience here, so that lives me with items
two and three on the list...

I started not feeling well early
February.  I diagnosed myself with sinusitis, but then that changed
after I went through buncha tests and was told that there isnt
anything wrong with my nose.

Then I diagnosed myself with a liver
cirrhosis, but the doctors debunked this and told me that I suffer
pseudomembranous colitis and problem solved...bad thing was that I
felt lousy for ten months, so lousy at times that I was barely able
to get outa bed.  For the uninitiated, this is caused by bad bacteria
that replaced the good bacteria in my intestants after taking an
antibiotic.

And last, but not least...I got laid
off...Moi?  Laid off?
I knew the date when this was going to
happen, but was confident that was not going to happen to me as my
work was well known in a company of 170000.  Tells you the quality of
morons that replaced the   former president of the business unit who
got fired in May.  Of him being fired is a pure speculation, of
course.  He retired on a Friday @ 5:30pm...He didnt announce it
personally, as he usually does.

What was the criteria for laying the
workforce off is a puzzle to everyone.  Performance was definitely
not factored in tho...There are a lot of people pissed off that I and
a few others were made to leave...Right now I am trying to capitalize
on the fact that my work is also well known outside of the company,
but it is not easy even for me...everyone wants to see what the
congress' new budget will look like...

It has been a grim Christmas at the
Grigorovs.  Hopefully, yours is better.  Just realizing that you
arent in my shoes should make you happy...:)

Best to all of you for the 2011.

Boris