Re: [OM] Wonderful man made sights with nature.

Subject: Re: [OM] Wonderful man made sights with nature.
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:04:00 -0700
Yes, the plastic windows themselves can certainly make colors, like
those shown here
http://www.atoptics.co.uk/fz240.htm
This effect is usually pretty easy to tell apart from glories, which
are always centered around the plane's shadow.

I've also seen windows scratched badly enough to act as a diffraction
grating and produce rainbows.  These rainbows were linear, since the
scratches were along the length of the plane.

Mark