Re: [OM] Battery types

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery types
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:33:19 -0600
Wow, I got my Bosch on sale for $30!

From: Mike Lazzari [mailto:watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 10:59 AM
To: 1

> that drill drivers are starting to show up that have lithium-ion
batteries.
Pluses: light weight for the the voltage, i.e. high energy density

Minuses: expensive, short real-world usable life, did I say expensive?

I recently had my battery packs refurbished by PrimeCell. All were
NiCd's and NiMH. I have a couple of dead LiIon packs but the only
recourse at the present time is to buy new ones and toss the old ones.
Given their short life spans it isn't cost effective so I have a couple
of useless nearly new driver motors.

Mike