Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 49: Tokyo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 49: Tokyo
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 02:31:32 -0800
On 12/13/2010 11:27 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> As always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated. I would
> particularly welcome comments from those of you who visit Tokyo frequently
> and so know it much better than I (this was only my second visit there, the
> first having been in 1994).

Ah well, my first and last visit was in 1960. I suppose I've changed as much as
or more than the city in that time. ;-)
   In many ways, it looks much as I remember it. I bought a Mamiya 16 camera
while I was there.
<http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/Mamiya/Mamiya-16-Automatic.html>

I didn't take all that many pics, as I was new to the camera, on a budget and
the film cassettes weren't cheap to me. I
planned to buy some bulk 16mm film and reuse the cassettes, but the rather poor
quality of the prints I got back when I
sent the film in for develop and print dissuaded me. I'll bet I still have the
camera stashed away somewhere. I see it's
now worth considerably more than I paid for it.

If I find the negs, I'll try scanning them.

There's a lot of territory in the western US that looks a lot like the main
selection, along with others with different
topography, but just as desolate.

I quite like alt 27, with it's wonderful expression of sort of calm purpose and
sense of movement. What really makes it
though is the two fire extinguishers - that's one smoker who's prepared for the
possible consequences! I'd crop it on
the right, to lose dead background.

I know about your code. 'Twere mine, the background would get a some blur to
make him stand out a bit more.

Moose