[OM] Changing lens mount

Subject: [OM] Changing lens mount
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:33:36 -0500
I'm still having difficulty accepting this except in the case of
extraordinarily badly built adapters.

Thanks for the depth of focus analysis.  Some poorly made adapters were
reported to be visibly lopsided
with others causing difficulty with lens mounting or dismounting---some
terribly stuck.  The tilting issue Jeff
noted is especially a problem with heavier lenses---I was not aware
that this may be difficult to initially  detect.  Leitax offers screw
on adapters
to the native lens mounts where a standard free mounting adapter would
usually do--this eliminates the tilting issue..  He provides longer
screws and the
procedure is reversible.  It costs no more than some higher quality
adapters.
I am not exactly sure why there is more trouble with WA's though no one
spoke up on FM to contradict that.  One issue  thin adapters and WA's
is the rear
element may hit the mirror where clearance is tight.  I thought some
lens designs may just be more sensitive to having the registration
distance off---
I recall an e-mail exchange with a Tamron  tech  (don't remember which
lens)  where he said one would get better performance using a matched
TC than
adding extension.

Life is too short for mediocre wine or poorly made adapters for my
Zuikos, much as I like a deal,   Mike