Re: [OM] Hackable GH1

Subject: Re: [OM] Hackable GH1
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:24:28 -0600
In short, the GH1 hack allows you to shoot video at a higher quality than
Panasonic originally intended.  Panasonic quietly blocked that ability in
later iterations of the camera (I suspect b/c they didn't want a "consumer"
level body competing with their higher priced pro video cameras, which it
was and is doing).

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/how-to-hack-panasonic-gh1-to-shoot-super-high-quality-24p-video-and-more/

I'm more of a stills guy, so this isn't really something I'm interested in
trying.  Plus, I prefer Oly jpegs to Panny's jpegs.