Re: [OM] Changing lens mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Changing lens mount
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 17:57:14 +0100
Hi Bill, Sandy and all,

From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
>If I recall what I have seen on the LUG list, there is someone somewhere
>that makes Nikon mounts for Leica SLR lenses.

Yes, they're easy to find in the bay... but doesn't seem that difficult for
a couple of reasons:

-Leica-R's film-to-flange distance is even longer than Nikon's: 47mm vs
46.5.
-Leica's coupling cams seem quite recessed into the bayonet, unlike most
other brands -- that won't interfere with a different, shallower mount.

It _seems_ that R-mount lenses have their screws in pretty much standard
layout. I've borrowed a Leica-R outfit and most lenses have the same 6-screw
pattern; the APO-Elmarit 180/2.8 has four additional screws, but the
remaining six are just the same of other lenses. Even the "aftermarket"
Angenieux 180/2.3 has only four screws, but at the exact locations of Leica.

From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
>Leitax (http://leitax.com) are a Spanish company with a number of such
products.
>First one was Leica R to Pentax K-mount.

Yes, I know... they even make OM-to-Nikon conversions, but somewhat crude:
by replacing the mount, the DOF scale is lost, and I'm not sure about the
reversibility of the procedure...

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)