Re: [OM] Major success

Subject: Re: [OM] Major success
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:09:07 -0800
On 11/29/2010 1:37 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Well, I had a major success at work today. One of those "yee haa"
> moments combined with attaboys from up the food chain.
>
> I designed two extremely large Layer-1/Layer-2 10 GbE (multiple)
> networks combined with a full deployment of DWDM and had the designs
> accepted and funded without debate. I even was allowed to select the
> vendor! This is a network design covering two states.

That's just excellent!

Just another example of what appears to be the worst thing, when one uses one's
imagination to turn into a good thing,
turns into something even better than one's imagination was up to creating!

A great deal of our culture is fear based. It's so nice when someone who
doesn't buy into the fear thrives, particularly
when it's a friend. So many people in your situation would have been simply
marking time while looking for something
else. By staying fully committed to your job and project, even while covering
your bases, you won.

Now if you really want to live somewhere else, just hold onto the
thought/belief and be amazed when this success
eventually leads to what you didn't fully imagine in where to live. I wouldn't
be surprised if it involved a job
improvement, too.

Congratulations again,
   Moose