Re: [OM] HELP need! Using my E-P1 with flash studio heads.

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP need! Using my E-P1 with flash studio heads.
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 14:42:35 +0100
Hi all,

Thank you for your reply.

Moose, I also think I can use any hot shoe adapter as the voltage is really
low. I have been using my E-1 all these years and nothing has happened. I
asked all of you this question as the E-P1 hans´t got any pc sync connector
and using the flash hot shoe might cause a problem. Plus the polarity of the
studio flash sync pulse may cause a problem, or not?

I fully agree with "Typical poorly written material from at least Oly and
some other Japanese camera makers. Obviously should read something
like " Studio flash equipment with sync voltage greater than 6.5v or unknown
sync voltage should be connected to the
E-P1 using our rebranded Wein Safe-Sync."

The price of this adapter is really high and I don´t really need it. Olympus
explanation is reporting you need this Wein Safe-Sync adapter and the price
is https://us.buyolympus.com/safe-sync-hot-shoe-to-pc-sync-adapter.html$99.99
WOW. That´s cool!

Hi Ken, wireless triggers will have a higher cost. I was planning to create
a good color profile for Lightroom 3 as I am fed up with Olympus Studio 2. I
will use X-Rite Colorchecker Passport and DNG profile editor. I have been
trying to explain Olympus Europe about the problems related with Olympus
Viewer 2 plus now, I cannot use Shading Compensation with the E-P1 and they
still insist I can. I love the color Olympus Viewer 2 gives me but I cannot
waste several day to process 400-500 images and if I turn on multicore
function the application hungs every 5 minutes. Bullshit!

Today I have checked the voltage and it´s 5V so I think I can use a much
cheaper adapter rather than Olympus $99.99 one. They must be crazy!

I don´t know what to do with polarity. I think this shouldn´t be a problem.

Regards,

Dave